My last post outlined on deriving more value out of PLM data through reports. The complexity of data in the engineering environment is skyrocketing, and Teamcenter as a PLM system provides advanced reporting capabilities for enterprise data, including the data managed in external systems like MRP & ERP.
The Teamcenter Report Builder application provides basic reporting capabilities for data managed inside Teamcenter. It supports two kinds of reports:
- Summary Reports
- Reports that summarize similar information – for example, reports that show all the employees, all the items belonging to a user, or the release status of items
- Context Independent reports – no object selection required
- Generated from Teamcenter saved queries
- Item Reports
- Reports that can be run on a particular object – for example, BOM or workflow information for a given object
- Executed in the context of one or more objects
Behind the scenes, Report Builder uses Teamcenter queries based data dump and supports output to common formats like Excel, XML, Text and HTML. It’s easy to build these simple reports based on Teamcenter queries, and they can be run from both rich client and Active Workspace client. Excel can be further leveraged for complex processing, charting, and aggregation of the output.
The Teamcenter Reporting & Analytics module provides additional advanced reporting capabilities. It can summarize information and present data from many sources in a single report using an easy to build, configurable, drag and drop layout.
It can leverage standard formatting tools like headers/footers, dates, page numbers, report names, filters, tables, charts, and elements. Reports can be run from both Active Workspace or Teamcenter Reporting & Analytics client. It has business intelligence designed for Teamcenter and to understand the relationships and associations of PLM information. It comes with over 100 out-of-the-box reports in areas like Change Management, BOM Reports, Substance compliance, Workflow, Administrator Reports, Verification Management, PMM, Schedule Manager, Requirements Manager. It supports powerful and fast BOM reporting, project planning and status reporting and dashboards, process and change reporting.
It has direct access to Teamcenter data through APIs and has connectors to standard enterprise applications. It can also enforce data security based on the Teamcenter access model. Additional capabilities include:
- Customized Analytics
- Organization-specific process status metrics and KPIs
- Multi-level root-cause analysis
- Mean time between failure / to failure (MTBF, MTTF) analysis
- Historical Performance Analysis
- Reporting Control
- Save Snapshots of pre-defined reports
- Group/Role based Access to report data
- User Controlled Conditional Formatting
- Resource Management
- Automated Report Scheduler and Delivery
- Submit Analysis to queue for load management
- Caching Techniques to reuse data cubes
Teamcenter Reporting & Analytics benefits include:
- Analytics, Dashboards and Traditional Reporting – understand your data to improve your products and processes
- Time to Value – start with pre-configured reports and enable custom reports for your business in a couple of weeks, not months or years
- Designed for Teamcenter – enable your entire enterprise to easily understand the information they require to make better decisions
- Self Service Analytics – enable data discovery through self service analytics designed for Teamcenter and optimized to your needs
Prior to joining Tata he played multiple roles in the area of PLM implementation and sustainment for Aviation, Transportation, Energy and Oil & Gas divisions of one of the world’s largest Engineering conglomerate company. He has a Master of Engineering degree in Product Design & Commerce along with a bachelor degree in Mechanical engineering. He also has various industry trainings and certifications including Six Sigma Green belt from GE Aircraft Engines.
Latest posts by Pradeep Peter (see all)
- Active Workspace 3.4Schedule Manager Improvements - October 11, 2018
- Reach More with Teamcenter Active Workspace - September 27, 2018
- Teamcenter Solution to the Engineering and Manufacturing Disconnect - September 6, 2018