In this age of disruptions, product development companies need to reach across the evolving business ecosystem at a rapid pace than ever, at the same time protecting their intellectual property . Teamcenter Active Workspace enables product development companies to
- Reach More people by connecting more people in more places with product data and processes; both internal and external. With a light-weight, web based user interface, they can harness the power of a changing workforce to get ahead of the competition.
- Reach across the business processes and leverage disruption to be a market leader. Using new tools for configuring Teamcenter, they can easily adapt to change now, and in the future.
- Reach greater returns by finding new ways to support the business. By reducing the burden of software support and maintenance, companies can focus on driving revenue.
User experience is the key factor when it comes to reaching more people in more places. The user experience focus for Active Workspace is to provide a clean, efficient, and simple user interface that works across multiple devices and use cases, from the basic, to the more sophisticated. Active Workspace UI guiding principles includes
- Simple – A clean, efficient, and responsive layout that works in various form factors and conditions
- Engaging – Embedded dashboard views and big picture reporting
- Effective – Easy data and relationship visualization and creation
- Active – Configure search results in relevance of best match, allow fast and efficient refining of the results
Active Workspace is focused on delivering content for the use cases people need to execute, making it effective to easily create, find, relate and work with data . This focus makes the experience more engaging and active for the users as opposed to a static non intelligent user interface. Throughout the interface, companies are able to personalize the user experience to minimize training and encourage participation from key stakeholders throughout the enterprise.
The key business drivers for Active Workspace are
- User productivity – The expectation from today’s web users is that there should be no need for training. Applications on the web should be easy to learn and be simple to use. . Active Workspace User experience design is simple enough for occasional use, yet productive and powerful enough for complex business problems making it consistent and efficient for all users and process
- Reducing information overload – This is key to help make smarter and faster decisions. Users should only see relevant and necessary information in context of what they are doing. The UI actively guides user to what needs attention and it automates the mundane as well as provide contextually integrated tools.
- Reducing Cost of Ownership – Active Workspace can be easily configured, extended, and deployed with lower cost of ownership.
Prior to joining Tata he played multiple roles in the area of PLM implementation and sustainment for Aviation, Transportation, Energy and Oil & Gas divisions of one of the world’s largest Engineering conglomerate company. He has a Master of Engineering degree in Product Design & Commerce along with a bachelor degree in Mechanical engineering. He also has various industry trainings and certifications including Six Sigma Green belt from GE Aircraft Engines.
Latest posts by Pradeep Peter (see all)
- Active Workspace 3.4 – Change Management Improvements - October 18, 2018
- Active Workspace 3.4Schedule Manager Improvements - October 11, 2018
- Reach More with Teamcenter Active Workspace - September 27, 2018