Do you currently have a problem with migrating data from one system to another? Do you wish that the current manual method could be automated? Do your qualified staff spend time on the mundane activity of transferring data from one system to another?
If you answer yes to any of these questions, then Tata Technologies may have a tool available to solve these probelms – i Migrate It.
This tool is an on-demand solution for any mannner of migrations and translations. It is configured for a given situation and allows for a user specify on demand what data he needs migrated and in what format.
From a user perspective, a typical workflow would be as follows:
- User logs into the tool. Configuration of the tool would determine what that specifc user is allowed to do (examine only, examine and migrate etc.)
- The user searches for the data that needs migration. Based on the search result, user chooses the exact data set required and specifies what must be preserved during the migration (full geometrical feature definition, brep only, metadata only etc.)
- Once all this is completed, the user would submit the job for processing. At this point, i Migrate It would take over and run the necessary background tasks required to complete the request. Depending on the nature of the systems, the job could take some time to complete (e.g. overnight batch process). The user has access to a dahboard that shows the status of the pending jobs and historical jobs.
- If the job fails (for example the requested data has already been migrated), the user is alerted with an error message which can be used to determine a future course of action.
This tool has several advantages for migration and translation problems:
- Only data that is really required by the users is migrated. This can reduce the cost of a complete migration.
- By providing options, the most efficent process is applied as determined by those who really know.
- After a period of time, usage will drop and the tool can be eventually phased out.
- Data remains secure during the process.
Consider this option when next you are faced with a migration problem!