Does your design review process involve others who don’t have NX or Teamcenter yet? Are you dealing with small businesses that don’t have access to NX CAD, or they use a third party CAD software? How do you collaborate with them today? How do you include others in your Model Based Definition and remain in the digital realm?
Siemens has the solution and it’s called XpresReview!
XpresReview is a Siemens freeware for viewing 3D models, 2D drawings, PMI, and other associated documents by combining all of these objects into a single package file. Using XpresReview allows all participants in your review process (workflow) the ability to view all the information they need to collaborate effectively without having NX or Teamcenter installed on their computer.
By selecting Menu + File + Send to Package File, XpresReview creates a lightweight, high-fidelity representation of the parts model and drawings which allows colleagues, suppliers, and others to view, markup, measure, section, and collaborate on the data, and Siemens customers, vendors and suppliers can download the XpresReview viewer free of charge.
This viewer gives selective access to users who do not use Teamcenter or NX so they can exchange data with Teamcenter and NX users.
XpresReview includes easy to use tools for:
- Viewing – Navigate 2D drawings and 3D models
- Measurements – Check dimensions for 2D drawings and 3D models
- Mark up – Use highlighters to draw attention to specific areas and add text comments
- Section Views – Create interactive clipping planes to view sections through 3D models and interrogate for clash or clearance.
Tata Technologies is a Siemens Platinum Smart Expert Partner indicating our validated expertise in NX-CAD.
Latest posts by Tony Alfonsi (see all)
- NX Weld Assistant – Changing Customer Default Settings for Discrete Weld Symbols - September 19, 2019
- XPresReview Overview - September 12, 2019
- NX Weld Assistant – Custom Welds – Extension Weld - July 18, 2019