We’ve been communicating regularly that Autodesk is phasing out perpetual licenses of the Design & Creation Suite as well as individual products and as a friendly reminder, today is the last day you have the option to purchase perpetual licenses. Beginning August 1st, Autodesk will introduce three new packages under the new industry collections umbrella: Product Design; Media & Entertainment; and Architecture, Engineering & Construction. Check out this sneak peek of what is to come:
Why the changes?
The goal of the change is to enhance the user experience in the following ways:
- Simplified Offerings – All of your most essential software tools are in one of three collections. There are no more tiers or multiple suites to choose from. It’s simple…just pick the collection that fits your industry.
- Ongoing Improvement – Industry collections are built to adapt and continuously evolve so that you get access to new applications as well as cloud services and improved workflows regularly, not just once a year with a new release. Basically you get the new technology when it’s ready!
- More Cloud Services – You get the power of the cloud in industry collections. You’ll gain access to more cloud services than what’s currently available in the Design & Creation suites as well as allow shared access to cloud services with other users.
- Greater Value – You get more bang for your buck with industry collections. You gain access to more software for a very competitive price point.
- More Options – Today, subscriptions to the Design & Creation suites are available for single-user access only but with the new Industry Collections, you will have the option for single-user and multi-user access. You can also choose the term lengths so you can make decisions based on your business needs.
If you have questions or just want to discuss your options, reply in the comments section or reach us here. You can also call our sales line at 877-668-8282.