Use Teamcenter as a business platform to improve efficiency and effectiveness of your organization
Many years ago, or so it seems, one of the methods for checking clearance and interference’s was performed through the use of drawings. By cutting sections through the parts in an assembly drawing, the detail of that assembly could be shown in a section view, and then distances could be measured between parts to determine whether clearance objectives where being met. This task involved tools such as a compass, a drafting pencil, and a scale along with the ability to draft accurately. Another method was to build a full size scale mockup, or buck, of the part or assembly to visually check for interference’s and you could also use a wide variety of tools to take measurements.
While there may be nostalgia for these methods, modern CAD tools and technology can accomplish the same tasks in far less time. By assembling parts and cutting sections through the CAD data, we can then electronically measure for clearance between parts and assemblies. This process is much faster than with drawings, and can greatly improve productivity. However, what if you had to find clearance issues within a very large data set like an engine, or transmission, or an instrument panel? This amount of data loaded into a CAD session can be difficult to work with due to the model size and complexity of the parts within these assemblies. Also, the tasks of cutting sections and taking measurements required for the clearance analysis is a skill only possessed by the proficient few.
Because of this and other problems, solutions were created that transform CAD data into lightweight tessellated data files. By translating the data into a JT (Jupiter Tessellation), or similar file, the viewer can read very large assemblies quickly and perform a multitude of tasks on that data.
One such viewer is Siemens Teamcenter Visualization Mockup, better known as VisMock. This tool is more than just a viewer, it’s a real-time digital mockup tool that you can use to detect and solve design issues early in your product lifecycle, getting you from art to part faster and cheaper than ever before! And, VisMock is a very intuitive and easy software to learn and use. With VisMock, the learning curve is minimal in comparison to learning a CAD system, so this lends itself well to those non-expert users who are looking for quick answers to design issues. For example, a non-CAD user can go into VisMock and perform a Clearance Analysis, and in a matter of minutes have the answer to a nagging question on whether there is a clash or clearance in their assembly, or to adjacent parts and assemblies.
VisMock is used in Automotive, Aeronautic and Aerospace, Ship Building, and Consumer Product industries as a design verification tool that can reduce or eliminate the use of rapid or traditional prototypes. This can further reduce the cost of bringing a product to market.
Teamcenter Visualization is available in four different levels: Base, Standard, Professional, and Mockup. Each level builds upon the one before it. Siemens offers Teamcenter Visualization this way so that it is scalable, so as your company grows, so can your visualization software.
Some of the key benefits for using Teamcenter Visualization Mockup:
- User friendly application that gives quick results for aiding in critical decisions across all disciplines within your company as well as your entire enterprise.
- Reduce cost by reducing the need for traditional and rapid prototypes.
- Making use of your digital twin moves critical decisions earlier in the product lifecycle where making changes to CAD data is easier and cheaper than correcting mistakes to a physical product.
- Four different levels to fit your current needs and for scalability.
So, can your business benefit from faster decision making by a wider range of participants? Teamcenter Visualization can facilitate this requirement and bring substantial benefits.
Tata Technologies is a Siemens Platinum Smart Expert Partner indicating our validated expertise in NX-CAD.
Does your engineering organization struggle with the following challenges?
- Crucial engineering data in several different systems resulting in disconnected information
- Manual processes that rely on human intervention
- Multi CAD environment requiring translations and inefficient transactions
- Lack of visibility of data for downstream consumers
If these challenges are something you face everyday, then you probably have considered a Product Data Management (PDM) system. This will store all your data in a single repository and help with automating workflows. But buying and implementing a PDM system seems costly and time consuming; how are you going to get started?
Teamcenter Rapid Start is the answer to all these questions. It is a preconfigured installation of Teamcenter with the following features:
- By using preconfigured templates, the system is simple and fast to deploy
- Best in class industry configurations to support engineering processes
- Included training allowing users to quickly become familiar with the system
- An implementation can be up and running to full productivity in two weeks
Lets have a look at all the components that make up a Teamcenter Rapid Start installation:
Multi-CAD and ECAD data management – Find, reuse and share data across a multi-CAD design chain
Teamcenter Rapid Start Multi-CAD data management capabilities enables you to effectively and efficiently manage, control and share MCAD data across the entire design and supply chain. Regardless of the CAD tools used, this environment provides you with a single view of product data as well as engineering processes and status. Teamcenter visualization extends this into an even more collaborative environment. Teamcenter handles all major CAD systems including NX, Solidworks, CATIA V5 and Autodesk Inventor.
Document management – Create and manage documents in conjunction with product development
Teamcenter Rapid Start includes standardized document management features so you can create and manage documents in conjunction with PDM processes and data.
Related documents are associated with products, and you can synchronize the attributes between documents and PDM.
Teamcenter Rapid Start delivers a standard integration with Microsoft Office to extend the scope and coverage to the desktops of numerous professionals and users outside of the Engineering department. This includes the managed creation and update of Technical Publications, process sheets, Customer Requirements, manufacturing set-ups, test specifications, and many other Document Management applications.
Simple process management – Preconfigured processes like design release and change, based on PDM best practices
Teamcenter Rapid Start provides you with basic workflow capabilities to streamline product development by automating and synchronizing processes. You can:
- – Review, comment and approve/reject parts and documents
- – Capture and audit date and timestamp information
- – Manage cross-functional review teams (notifications, quorums, etc.)
- – Automate vital business processes and reduce manual intervention
Preconfigured roles and functionality – Start quickly with best practices to automate everyday tasks across the business
Teamcenter Rapid Start offers preconfigured groups and roles with appropriate access permissions to simplify common tasks.
- – The standard set of roles support the tasks done every day in an organization
- – For example — start a new project, issue an ECO or review a design
- – These tasks are easily started using a number of shortcut links in the “I Want to” area of the user interface.
Further, the tasks are automated by ‘Wizards’ to make them smooth and natural, and consistently repeatable in operation for reliable, efficient processes.
Teamcenter Rapid Start can get you up and running with PDM quickly by offering:
- A single installation process for server and client results in in a fully configured environment ready to use
- Standard organization and roles, preconfigured database, workflows, reports, security model, … so you have the capabilities you need as soon as you complete the installation
- Ongoing updates and support are simple, fast and effective
The other huge advantage of Teamcenter Rapid Start is that it offers a seamless path to complete PLM – supported by Teamcenter, the industry leader in PLM systems.
Contact us today to learn more about Teamcenter Rapid Start and get started with improved data management.
My last post outlined the importance of having an integrated PLM and PCM solution. Siemens PLM implements this vision though its Product Cost Management application bridging the gap between traditional PLM and ERP. With Teamcenter PCM, companies can migrate from disconnected tools to an integrated solution. The integrated IT environment platform helps them to manage cost knowledge with consistent data, build standardized obligatory cost methods and models, and create fact-based and cost-driver-transparent calculations; at the same time, it enables cross-functional collaboration and communication.
The highlights of product costing capabilities include Cross-functional Calculation of Pre-/Quotation Costing, Calculation of R&D Costs, Purchase Price Analysis, Open Book Accounting, Profitability Calculation/Project-ROI, Differentiated overhead calculation (freely selectable degree of detail), Process-based bottom-up calculation and cost models (cost engineering approach), Cost rate calculation with company-owned data records, Integrated cycle time calculators (die casting, injection molding, machining, MTM, client proprietary, etc.), Versioning of calculations (documented change history), Flexible simulations of what-if scenarios (e.g., production alternatives, volume adjustments), Profitability calculations (return-on-investment over product lifecycle), Flexible reporting functions (e.g., multi-stage cost driver analysis), Integration toolkits for data exchange with customer specific systems (e.g., ERP), Import and export of cost breakdown sheets (supplier and customer), Multi-lingual, multi-currency, freely configurable costing methodologies, cash flow calculation, and data management for reuse.
Teamcenter PCM’s parametric and 3D-based tool costing has support for both quotation costing in tool-making and cost analysis in tool purchasing. Tool Costing delivers fast, reliable and detailed information on manufacturing times and costs. Tool Costing also enables both buyers and tool manufacturers to precisely and repeatably understand knowledge data, secure this information within the enterprise and document it in an audit-compliant manner with the option of using 3D data for calculations. Teamcenter provides a variety of tool technologies, including injection molding, die casting, and composite tools. 3D data can be read automatically or manually to create the geometry parameters. Both the tool buyer and the tool maker – whether injection molding, die casting, cutting, stamping, or other production tools – can make decisions regarding the tool costs that are fully integrated within the Teamcenter product cost management solution.
Cost Knowledge Management
Teamcenter PCM has a standard and extendable cost knowledge base for costing calculations including worldwide factor costs (labor, production area, energy, interest rates etc.), physical material data of all prevalent materials, reference machines with economic and technical data for all prevalent manufacturing technologies, and complete reference processes for many manufacturing methods with the ability to integrate customer specific corporate costing library.
The integrated profitability calculation in Teamcenter gives project and product controllers and managers a powerful business case analysis and decision-making tool while delivering the necessary instruments to ensure success, including: Consolidation of multiple product(s) in a single project (general project data, lifecycle, quantity progression, unit costs and prices, etc.), year slice presentation of cash flows for project-specific investments (plants, tools, engineering, etc.), dynamization of unit costs and sales prices for the individual year slices in the product lifecycle, calculation of common profitability ratios such as net present value (NPV), internal rate of return (IRR), return on capital employed (ROCE), return on sales (ROS), amortization period (payback), project-based profit and loss accounts, as well as discounted cash flow accounts and trend curve for cumulative (discounted) cash flow, variant calculation, and sensitivity analyses for comparing various what-if scenarios and premises.
My last post outlined how an integrated product lifecycle management (PLM) and service lifecycle management (SLM) tool framework can benefit both Product development organizations (Brand owners) and customers (Asset owners) by enabling higher quality service at lower cost, resulting in an increased product/asset utilization and productivity. Teamcenter as a leading PLM platform supports this vision. With Teamcenter SLM solutions, the service and support phase of the product lifecycle is included in your overall PLM vision. Teamcenter bridges the gaps between the engineering, logistics, manufacturing, and service communities. OEMs and service providers can drive more efficient service operations with a single source of knowledge for both products and assets
For OEMs, Teamcenter enables them to reuse design and manufacturing data to enhance service content and incorporate service feedback to support Design for Serviceability and other product improvement initiatives. This holistic approach to the full product lifecycle helps the OEM compete successfully in the service market. Teamcenter unifies SLM with PLM to support bi-directional collaboration between product engineering and service operations. Service teams can capitalize on the re-use of product knowledge from engineering and manufacturing to improve service planning and execution. In return, service teams can provide feedback to engineering to improve product designs for serviceability and reliability.
For the third party service provider, the service data management and applications allow them to efficiently execute service activities in a global marketplace through a single service platform. Using configuration-driven BOM management, Teamcenter delivers a fully linked, full lifecycle BOM environment that includes the EBOM, SBOM (Service BOM), and Asset BOM to configure accurate information to support services. Different service disciplines can share a common understanding of support requirements and Service teams can coordinate operational activities for greater compliance, faster service, and lower costs.
The highlights of the solution include:
Maximize Service Knowledge Management and Value
With Teamcenter as the core of your SLM strategy, you have one source of service knowledge management. You can perform service activities with a full understanding of physical product /asset configurations, status and service history. You can order the correct parts, ensure that the proper training is done, and access all the appropriate information necessary to manage service operations
Create Effective Service Plans
Service plans are the key to profitable service operations. Teamcenter provides you with the fundamentals to author and publish service documentation as the source of work scope definition. You can drive service operations by providing all the detailed information that teams need to track and understand asset health, such as service requirements, task-by-task procedures, necessary resources and utilization characteristics. Your technicians have a complete understanding of service needs from Teamcenter, so they are prepared to perform reactive, proactive and upgrade service activities
Optimize Service Work with Schedule Visibility
With the detailed service plans in Teamcenter, you can schedule service activities with a complete understanding of the work scope, in order to meet customer expectations for product availability and reliability. Work orders generated from service plans are used to create service schedules. It is the visibility into the schedule and resources provided by Teamcenter that allows you to optimize service events and ensure that the right resources (parts, qualified people and tools) are reserved for the work
Empower Service Technicians with Work Instructions
Service technicians are a limited resource. When you provide them with complete, intelligent work packages, technicians can execute service work efficiently, accurately and compliantly. With Teamcenter, you can deliver service work instructions, safety/hazard notes, and service procedures (text, 2D/3D and animations). You can also include asset configurations and data collection requirements. Technicians can enter data, observations or discrepancies, and digitally sign off on work, which automatically updates the service schedule.
My last post outlined on deriving more value out of PLM data through reports. The complexity of data in the engineering environment is skyrocketing, and Teamcenter as a PLM system provides advanced reporting capabilities for enterprise data, including the data managed in external systems like MRP & ERP.
The Teamcenter Report Builder application provides basic reporting capabilities for data managed inside Teamcenter. It supports two kinds of reports:
- Summary Reports
- Reports that summarize similar information – for example, reports that show all the employees, all the items belonging to a user, or the release status of items
- Context Independent reports – no object selection required
- Generated from Teamcenter saved queries
- Item Reports
- Reports that can be run on a particular object – for example, BOM or workflow information for a given object
- Executed in the context of one or more objects
Behind the scenes, Report Builder uses Teamcenter queries based data dump and supports output to common formats like Excel, XML, Text and HTML. It’s easy to build these simple reports based on Teamcenter queries, and they can be run from both rich client and Active Workspace client. Excel can be further leveraged for complex processing, charting, and aggregation of the output.
The Teamcenter Reporting & Analytics module provides additional advanced reporting capabilities. It can summarize information and present data from many sources in a single report using an easy to build, configurable, drag and drop layout.
It can leverage standard formatting tools like headers/footers, dates, page numbers, report names, filters, tables, charts, and elements. Reports can be run from both Active Workspace or Teamcenter Reporting & Analytics client. It has business intelligence designed for Teamcenter and to understand the relationships and associations of PLM information. It comes with over 100 out-of-the-box reports in areas like Change Management, BOM Reports, Substance compliance, Workflow, Administrator Reports, Verification Management, PMM, Schedule Manager, Requirements Manager. It supports powerful and fast BOM reporting, project planning and status reporting and dashboards, process and change reporting.
It has direct access to Teamcenter data through APIs and has connectors to standard enterprise applications. It can also enforce data security based on the Teamcenter access model. Additional capabilities include:
- Customized Analytics
- Organization-specific process status metrics and KPIs
- Multi-level root-cause analysis
- Mean time between failure / to failure (MTBF, MTTF) analysis
- Historical Performance Analysis
- Reporting Control
- Save Snapshots of pre-defined reports
- Group/Role based Access to report data
- User Controlled Conditional Formatting
- Resource Management
- Automated Report Scheduler and Delivery
- Submit Analysis to queue for load management
- Caching Techniques to reuse data cubes
Teamcenter Reporting & Analytics benefits include:
- Analytics, Dashboards and Traditional Reporting – understand your data to improve your products and processes
- Time to Value – start with pre-configured reports and enable custom reports for your business in a couple of weeks, not months or years
- Designed for Teamcenter – enable your entire enterprise to easily understand the information they require to make better decisions
- Self Service Analytics – enable data discovery through self service analytics designed for Teamcenter and optimized to your needs
Here is our latest and final post in our savings series! Check out these offers from Siemens PLM Software and Tata Technologies, which expire December 28th. It truly is the best time of year to purchase software for all of your manufacturing and design needs!
Siemens PLM Software Promotions
- Add a new product family license to your existing portfolio and receive an additional 15% discount on software and maintenance. For example, if you have an existing NX CAD license, you’ll receive 15% off a license of Teamcenter, CAM, CAE, Solid Edge or Tecnomatix. This offer is only valid to existing Siemens customers.
- Get 25% off Teamcenter Rapid Start and maintenance including a single CAD integration with either Autodesk, Solidworks, or Solid Edge. Rapid Start is an easy and cost effective solution that allows companies of any size to get their data under control and enforce common processes.
Terms and conditions apply. Please contact us here or email me at firstname.lastname@example.org to inquire about an offer.
Tata Technologies Specials
- Get a free Kindle Fire HD Tablet or a 3D Connexion Space Navigator mouse when you attend the the open enrollment class for NX Essentials for New Users or NX Advanced User. Click here for more details and to have a sales representative contact you.
- Our self-paced online learning platform, i GET IT, is now more affordable than ever. Get 30% off annual subscriptions and learn the latest features and enhancements of Siemens PLM Software and more. Explore what package is right for you and purchase your subscription right online. Make sure you use the
coupon code CYBER2016 – valid through Dec. 31st.
- Buy Now, Pay Later! Take delivery of your software, and let it generate revenue before making any payments. We’ve partnered with Complete Capital Services to offer clients 12 – 60 month terms on financing products as well as training, maintenance, and implementation services. Don’t forget that IRS Section 179 tax savings can also help. Let us know you’re interested here.
Managing and tracking Teamcenter administrative data across multiple environments was never easy. Companies have relied on a wide variety of solutions for this – from manual process-based solutions like cheat sheets to automated custom build scripts to wrap numerous Siemens administrative utilities together. Some companies had a great deal of success in establishing a corporate standard Teamcenter environment from scratch using custom solutions; even for them, however, tracking the changes to admin data inside their Teamcenter environments or comparing admin data between different environments was a very tedious process. Not anymore, with the new set of admin data management capabilities Siemens introduced with Teamcenter 11.2
Now, we can easily perform the following four broad scenarios on nine types of administrative data (Access Manager rules, Organization data, Preferences, Projects, Revision rules, Saved queries, Style sheets, Subscriptions and Workflows), both in UI-based Teamcenter Environment Manager (TEM) and command line utilities modes.
1. Analyzing how administration data is configured in any environment
A detailed administrative data report can be generated for any Teamcenter environment with all nine admin categories or with a few selected categories, or even a partial set from a specific category based on the filter set. These reports are static HTML reports and don’t have a live connection to the Teamcenter environment. These reports can be used to:
- Document and review admin data configurations of any environment
- Troubleshoot issues with any configuration
- Include with IR for GTAC analysis of problems
- Use for periodic reviews of production environments
- Use as environment hand-off document
- Use as a training document
- Use to capture snapshots of admin data configurations at specific points in time
2. Copying entire administration data or a subset from one environment to another
We can export administration data from one site and import it to another. This is very useful when we must ensure that one environment is configured the same as another, such as a test or training environment. We can also set up teams to work on specific parts of the administrative data in different test environments and then export only the administration data that changed from that environment. We can then consolidate the changes made by different teams by importing all of the administration data from multiple export packages into one environment. During the import, a dry run mode is also available, and it generates a detailed Java doc style report after import describing what changed. The tool also provides five broad categories for conflict resolution and merge during the import, but there is no graphical interface yet for manually overriding specific admin data.
3. Comparing administration data between two sites
We can generate a report that compares the administration data from a source site to a target site. This can help us to determine the cause of differences in site behavior, determine the differences between customer environment and out of the box Teamcenter environment, quickly check if a new environment established using custom scripts is configured the same as a reference environment, or to see what is common and what is different between sites during a site consolidation effort.
4. Tracking the impacts to an environment as administration data is imported over time
We can quickly determine when a particular change was introduced using a site’s administration data import history report. This report is automatically generated and maintained upon each successful import to a site.
These new capabilities are part of Siemens’ efforts to reduce the Teamcenter cost of ownership and help companies reduce IT costs through:
- Setup environments becoming faster by automation instead of manual steps
- Quicker learning curves by standardized and automated documentation
- Easier bundling of admin data with software bundles
- Faster troubleshooting
Siemens hasn’t deprecated any existing admin data utilities with the introduction of these new tools. All custom solutions using existing utilities should continue to work as is. The new tools use TCXML and closure rules behind the scenes, so it brings all related business objects used with admin data as a complete package as defined in the closure rules.
Do you have any questions about the new Teamcenter capabilities? Leave a comment and we’ll help you.
With globalization and distributed product development, adhering to a single CAD tool for the globally dispersed design teams and suppliers has become practically difficult. Business dynamics like mergers, acquisitions, partnerships, and flexible supplier selections based on direct material sourcing processes can also present a multi-CAD scenario to companies. In such scenarios, if the PLM tool isn’t capable of supporting multi-CAD, that can limit the overall engineering business flexibility of companies. It can either force them to take up costly, error-prone, risky, and time-consuming CAD platform migrations OR the global teams continue to work in isolation using a variety of different CAD tools, data, and processes. During that period, each design group generates and stores design data independently, lacking mechanisms to work as an integrated whole. Time-consuming and error-prone processes for finding and managing CAD data and assembling release packages cause design decisions to be often based on incorrect/out-of-date information. This results in design delays, as users can’t see each other’s design changes immediately, and inconsistent adherence to changes and approval processes.
Teamcenter, with its ability to manage more than one CAD system on the same platform, helps companies to mitigate both present and future multi-CAD challenges. It has out of the box integration to all major commercial MCAD tools like NX, Solid Edge, CATIA, SolidWorks, ProEngineer/Creo, Inventor and AutoCAD. Teamcenter’s CAD integration and data management capabilities are very rich, including embedded TC ribbon, standalone TC integrated CAD tool launch, advanced search, update/save to TC, update/synchronize data being worked on by others, change impact analysis, initiate changes, and save revisions – all directly from CAD without the need to open the Teamcenter application. Along with these functionalities, Teamcenter’s 4-tier architecture, optimized for high latency environments, multi-site, security and supplier integration solutions, helps global engineering teams to operate and collaborate at different levels of business integration, from a tightly integrated process mode to a loosely coupled on demand mode.
In a multi-CAD environment, design groups receive designs from other teams and/or suppliers, created using different CAD tools. They have difficulty in aggregating CAD data from multiple CAD sources to visualize and analyze assemblies. Also, BOM structures aren’t adequately connected to visual content for Digital Mock-Up. This lack of connection undermines the timeliness and quality of decision making, and forces them to spend time and cost to aggregate, review, and validate designs and design changes. So it is key to enable designers to visualize and analyze product data from different CAD systems and conduct design collaboration reviews across geographically distributed sites. Teamcenter, with its industry leading visualization capabilities, provides the ability to visualize multi-CAD in a neutral JT format and then simulate various assembly modes for downstream engineering, manufacturing and service processes.
All of this leads to:
- Improved productivity: Enable design teams and suppliers to use the tools they are most familiar with and use/reuse component designs created by other teams/suppliers on other MCAD systems
- Accelerated product development: Find the right design information quickly; structured workflows enable development groups to work together as a single entity irrespective of location.
- Increased quality: Find the right data and understand the dependencies to intelligently assess the impact of changes
- Reduced costs: Modify and share component designs created by other teams/suppliers on your preferred CAD systems and incorporate it into multi-CAD assemblies or product design
Do you have any thoughts to add? Questions on how Teamcenter might apply to your design environment? Leave a comment and let’s chat.
Here is a classic scenario associated with developing medium to large complexity products: A team of people (say, 50 to 100) have to be coordinated. Each member has deliverables and deadlines that must be executed in a specific order. You apply well-known project management techniques.
Now the question is – what technology do you use to support your project management? An informal survey shows that most organizations use a standalone project management tool for this purpose. While there is nothing wrong with this approach, it is disconnected from the PLM system supporting the product development.
This leads to the following scenario:
- X, the project manager, identifies that Y, a CAD designer has to complete a 3D CAD model by the end of the month.
- This is laid out in the gantt chart as a task with start and finish dates by X and sent to Y.
- Y starts working on the 3D CAD model but gets distracted by other priorities and starts running late.
- X, seeing that the task is due, calls Y and asked him if it is finished. Y, being human and under pressure to perform, misleads X and tells him it is complete.
- X updates his gantt chart to show that the CAD is complete and reports this to his upper management.
- A week later it emerges that the CAD is not complete, leading to delays, interventions, etc.
So what is the crucial disconnect in this scenario? The PLM system (where the CAD resides) is completely separate from the project management tool (where the gantt chart resides). Imagine the advantages if these two were connected.
Never fear, there is a solution – Teamcenter Program and Project Management tools allow you to do this. A fully integrated PLM solution that is part of the industry-leading Teamcenter platform, it allows complete connection between project management and design deliverables such as 3D CAD. You can manage your projects in one place and with one system, no matter how simple or complex they are.
Here are the features of the solution:
- Robust project management capabilities fully integrated in PLM.
- Full program and project management capabilities within the platform.
- Project tasks and deliverables linked to PLM data.
- Automatic task, deliverable, and project status updates as users store and release product data.
- Program and project reporting with standard reports, along with easy to configure dashboards.
- Tasks can be tied directly to other PLM data such as 3D CAD.
- A task can point to all the reference information required for that task. This means that a participant always has complete information to complete the task.
- Tasks can be tied to a workflow for more rigorous management of their execution.
- Project managers can access and check deliverables directly from the project timeline.
- Program and project reporting using standard reports or easy to configure dashboards.
- Project status automatically updates as tasks are completed.
Gantt Chart in Teamcenter Workflow in Teamcenter
- X, the project manager, identifies that Y, a CAD designer has to complete a 3D CAD model by the end of the month.
- This is laid out in the gantt chart within Teamcenter and a task deliverable is assigned to Y, who gets immediate email notification.
- Y starts working on the 3D CAD model but gets distracted by other priorities and starts running late.
- X, who has immediate visibility into the deliverable, sees that Y is running late without having to talk with them.
- X and Y work together to get back on track and the 3D CAD is completed on time.
- The gantt chart is immediately updated and visible to management.
- Everybody is happy!
Connecting project management to your product design activities in Teamcenter has huge advantages – what’s holding you back?