Previous few blog articles primarily addressed Abaqus 2020x enhancements. Let’s have a look at the extended products enhancements that include ISight, Tosca and FeSafe.
- Export of Approximations: Till 2019x release, the export of approximation models was limited to coefficient data or excel spreadsheet format. In 2020x release, the RBF and RSM approximation models can be exported to FMU as well.
- New components: Functional Mock Up (FMU) and Computer Simulation Technology (CST) components are now available in ISight workflows.
- Sensitivities support: Though not essentially an enhancement in 2020x, it is worth mentioning that all four modules of Tosca now accept Abaqus sensitivities for all types of non-linearities. However, supported analysis steps are Static and Frequency only. Inertia relief included.
- New Response: Plastic strain PEMAG now supported for shape, size and bead optimization.
- Algorithm stabilized: Higher volume fractions eventually lead to convergence and stability concerns. While convergence is an Abaqus issue, stability of optimization has been improved in topology module with large volume fractions.
Fe-Safe Enhancements in 3DX:
- App enhancement: While the role is still a separate license called as durability engineer role, the mechanical and structural scenario have been enhanced to include the fatigue interface.
Simultaneous execution: Though it is well understood that any fe-safe analysis requires stress results from a stress analysis, user now has an option to simulate both structural and durability cases at the same time. The backend data management architecture takes care of sequencing and linking.
- Material enhancement: The entire Fe-safe material database can now be imported in the 3DEXPERIENCE Platform. Surface finish factors supported as well.
- Element nodal outputs: This is perhaps a KEY enhancement. The fatigue is a surface phenomenon so averaged stresses at the nodes on surface are most appropriate for fatigue analysis. In prior releases of 3DX, only integration point stresses were supported. Starting 2019x FD06, element nodal stresses are available for fatigue.
- Loading enhancements: Loading blocks now include residual stresses as well as implicit dynamics step. All Fe-Safe algorithms with and without mean stress correction are now supported. Both SN curve as well as EN curve algorithms are now supported in 3DX.
- Coming Soon!! Linux and COS execution on cloud.
Visit www.tatatechnologies.com to learn more about our PLM offerings and how we can help customers use the best technology for their needs.
Latest posts by Ankur Kumar (see all)
- From point solution to collaborative solution: Are we alone! - August 13, 2020
- Meshing in 3DX vs. Meshing in Abaqus CAE: Does comparison makes sense! - July 21, 2020
- 3D Experience simulation compute power - July 16, 2020